What's new

Manhattan skyline at night

ernie

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 21, 2007
Messages
897
Reaction score
0
Location
Belgium
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
yes more manhattan pictures ...

#1. skyline
203-ny.jpg


#2. skyline & brooklyn bridge
193-ny.jpg


#3. brooklyn bridge (and a bit of manhattan bridge behind it)
202-ny.jpg
 
Heh, I was at the exact same spot a few days ago shooting these pics. Yours look much better though. :thumbup: The only thing I want to critique here is the slant on the first pic.

I will never trust a non-manual mode for night shots again, heh.
 
Nice night work!!

A few days ago. What a WASTE of money to build and power a waterfall under a bridge. I am told its pretty at night though with colored lights.

fall0001.JPG
 
Heh, I was at the exact same spot a few days ago shooting these pics. Yours look much better though. :thumbup: The only thing I want to critique here is the slant on the first pic.
thanks. there's no slant though. look at the buildings, they're all straight. it's just the shoreline that gets wider near the right of the picture.

DeadEye said:
Nice night work!!

A few days ago. What a WASTE of money to build and power a waterfall under a bridge. I am told its pretty at night though with colored lights.
thanks. is that photo of yours under the brooklyn bridge?
 
Beautiful images!

Thanks!!
 
Stunning shots what camera did you use and setting? I am still trying to perfect night shots.
 
number one for me ernie, good composition and the pano format works a treat, standing out from the other shots.
 
Stunning shots what camera did you use and setting? I am still trying to perfect night shots.
d80 and 17-55mm f/2.8 lens. settings were iso 100, aperture f16 or 22 and shutter 20-30 secs. pretty easy when you look at it actually. and some post-processing as well of course (levels, saturation, unsharp mask, ...)

number one for me ernie, good composition and the pano format works a treat, standing out from the other shots.
thanks for the nice comment man. i know first one is the best but as i was posting i thought what the hell, and put the other two on here as well
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom