What's new

Manitoba Nights

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The aurora borealis was ridiculous on the night of the 23-24. I'm glad I decided to come out with my camera. Even if none of the photos had turned out OK (shooting the aurora is not necessarily easy), just being there as a witness would've been a treat well worth sleeping just a couple hours before going to work the next day.


p191022508-4.jpg



Thanks for viewing, hope you like.
 
Your WB is off.



Just kidding. I'm just insanely jealous of that image. The only thing that I can think might improve the image is to have just a smidgin (I know, technical term) less foreground, which seems to show some tire tracks . Other than that... it's just beautiful.
 
Fantastic image - thanks for sharing. What part of Manitoba?
_________________
WesternGuy
 
Love it! And shooting northern lights is on my bucket list.
 
The only thing that I can think might improve the image is to have just a smidgin (I know, technical term) less foreground, which seems to show some tire tracks
I agree that the tire tracks don't add to the scene (to put it nicely). Cropping off the foreground, however, would leave a slightly imbalanced image in my personal opinion. I'll give this some more thought.

What part of Manitoba?
This was shot in Sandy Bay, about an hour north of Winnipeg.

Thanks all for the feedback and super-nice comments, people!
 
My face is having the same color as in the image....:meh: not because of reflection ;) ...really envious :thumbsup:
 
I was in the U.P. once and saw a similar sight, amazing capture!
 
First thought when I saw this was holey craps! Nice job!
 
My face is having the same color as in the image....:meh: not because of reflection ;) ...really envious :thumbsup:

This is said nicely! :biggrin:

So what can I say? "What Frequency says..." or something like that.
For a) I envy you the fact that you DO see northern lights at all (sun storm or no sun storm, we don't get to see them here), and b) I do envy you the ability to take photos of this quality (tyre marks or no tyre marks).
 
Nicely done! I like the tire tracks - looks like someone drove off into the light.
 
Really nice shot! :) Right time and place on that one! ;)
 
First thought when I saw this was holey craps!
I had the exact same reaction when I saw this live. I might have shouted "holy cow" about five or six times during the first minute of the light show. Then one of the guys and I started "howling". Unbelievable.

For a) I envy you the fact that you DO see northern lights at all (sun storm or no sun storm, we don't get to see them here),
Not even driving deep into the countryside or any area without light pollution? You seem to be at about the same longitude as we are...

Thanks all, I'm glad you enjoyed this!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom