March Hare

John 2

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
European Brown hare in its original form.

Fuji X-T1 Fuji100-400+1.4x
March Hare 2 Mono.jpg

I’m with Jeff. It’s different and it works well.

It's like an etching. As I've stated before I'm not usually a fan of nature shots in B+W but this one simply works. Great conversion and rendition.

What ol' Spacey Face said, very well done. You've inspired me to try one someday, it looks so good. Have to ask, did you use some type of preset filter for effect?

Thanks all for the comments all.
@K9Kirk, no preset filter, just working the colours. The image is basically greens and browns with some reflected blue and cyan from the sky. From memory, I completely de saturated the blue and cyan to take them out then converted to mono in PS. Whilst in the PS mono filter, I lifted the yellows and greens to lighten the BG and probably dropped the reds to give the brown of the hare a bit more punch. Next I increased the structure slightly and added a slight negative vignette both in the PS Camera Raw filter. Finally, I probably added a little more contrast to clean up the whites and blacks. As I say, I made the image some time ago and I am relying on my memory which these days...............

Nice. Someone in 1502 had a similar interest...

Nice! I don't see Johns picture as a picture but instead a painting of a hare. It takes an artist to do what he did.

Thanks all for the additional comments.

Somehow I missed this, but Kirk’s nomination of it for PotM made me come looking for it. You definitely nailed this one with the edits!

Somehow I missed this, but Kirk’s nomination of it for PotM made me come looking for it. You definitely nailed this one with the edits!
What! I hadn't realised that had happened. Thanks for pointing it out and thanks K9 for the nomination.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back