Marina Under Big Sky

Gordon W

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any comments or reactions to this shot?

31066610.jpg

That's so unreal...... or should I say surreal?

Somehow I think the clouds on both sides are over powering the boats, but if that's the effect you are looking for, then it works well.

I think it's a fun shot. Kind of busy, but that's more to do with its screen size. I'm betting blown up it would look way cool. :thumbsup:

molested_cow said:
That's so unreal...... or should I say surreal?

Somehow I think the clouds on both sides are over powering the boats, but if that's the effect you are looking for, then it works well.

Thanks for the comments. Yeah, it does have a bit of the unreal about it, not doubt due to never seeing it quite like this in real life, and the boats kind of look like they're floating in the sky rather than on water - to me anyway.

The shot was for the sky and its reflection on the water, with the boats just being something to give it a point of interest since shots of clouds by themselves usually aren't too interesting, so with that in mind I guess it would be reasonable for the clouds to be dominant.

terri said:
I think it's a fun shot. Kind of busy, but that's more to do with its screen size. I'm betting blown up it would look way cool. :thumbsup:

Thanks, terri. Yes, it definitely looks better larger and this is indeed uncharacteristically busy compared to my normal shooting, but didn't see a way around it in this case.

In a couple other places I've posted this image, the general feeling was to cut the greenery at the bottom and crop a bit, so here's a revised version based on those comments. Better? Worse? Or just different?

31094521.jpg

Actually....yes, I like it better. It's more of a mirror image now, and having the greenery cut is that much less of a distraction. Good crop!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back