Market girl

Alley Cat Images

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not at all confident in this photo, but I'll give it a shot (no pun intended). I was at an outdoor market and photographed this young lady, just as she laid her head on the scale to rest. The photo in color was fine, but I thought the tonality of this shot communicated the moment better. It doesn't seem like a compelling image, though. Advice?

marketgirl.jpg

I went back and cropped a little off the top. As much as I want to love this shot, I don't. Maybe it just misses? I'd love some insights.

marketgirl3.jpg

maybe its beacuse of the reflection off the scale but her head seems at an odd angle, and thats all i can seem to focus on. ( this comming from the girl with a.d.h.d. ;-)

I like the contrast of your picture but I agree with Christina, there's no point of interest. maybe if the girl was facing in front or her face was reflected on the scale the viewer would have somewhere to focus on.

Thanks for your comments, Royster and Christina! You're right - no real grabber. I was enamored with the idea of getting a candid shot of this little girl needing to rest in the midst of the busy market. Maybe if I had shown more of the activity around her, the contrasting images would have worked. I appreciate your insights!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back