Marmite!

From the Marmite website

"Marmite is made from brewer's yeast that's been used to ferment sugars into alcohol. Basically, the used brewer's yeast is broken down to release soluble amino acids and proteins. This soluble material is then concentrated and filtered a few times before going through a unique (and top secret) process for flavour development.
At the end of all this, we end up with yeast extract paste - nearly Marmite but not quite. The finishing touches make all the difference. We add an extra blend of vitamins, vegetable and spice extracts to create the taste your mouth adores"

Apart from the UK and most of Europe it's probably a pointless thread if you don't get Marmite in the US!

Do you get Twigglets? They are Marmite flavoured! That is if you can still taste anything after they've removed all the skin from the roof of your mouth!

Thanks for the explaination, but that sounds yucky! :puke-rig: I've honestly never seen it in the grocery store...then again, I've never looked.

PlasticSpanner said:
Do you get Twigglets? They are Marmite flavoured!

I guess we missed out on that gem as well. ;)

It's a party on your tongue! So much flavour from such a small amount! Savoury, salty, yeasty with a strange kinda Bovril like starting taste! All in what the website hate section describes as "A paste resembling scraped off burnt enging grease!" Mmmmmmmm!

If you've never tasted it (or Twigglets!) there's nothing to compare it too! Not like eating bat or some other strange meat and saying it tastes like chicken!

Do you get Twigglets? They are Marmite flavoured! That is if you can still taste anything after they've removed all the skin from the roof of your mouth!
Do they still make those? It's been ages since I had a packet! And now I want one. Marmite must be paying you plenty of money, you're good at advertising them.

Most reactions

Back