Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
large.jpg

No it was not intentional. But it could have be a resoled of the equipment, film or workflow.

The film is 120 EIR, this was the first I have used it in that format. I need to check the negatives for sharpness.

Camera: Rolleiflex Xenotar 75mm F3.5 Filter: #2 Bayonet to 52mm filter adapter & #13 yellow. I think the filter adapter and filter add some vignette effect and likely soften the outer edges. This was the first time I’ve used a filter on this camera and don’t ever recall see any vignette before. I’m not sure about the sharpness of the camera itself

The Scanner is an older Epson flatbed and the weakest link in my workflow; I’ve wanted to replace it for sometime. It definitely affected the sharpness.

Although, as Battou said, it is fairly soft, I like it. The depth of field, in my opinion, is near perfect. You can make out minor details in the background, but my attention is centred on the plant in the middle (or tree, I'm not quite sure now). My only suggestion would have been to somehow get rid of the rocks in the foreground, they don't do too much in my opinion.

The Scanner is an older Epson flatbed and the weakest link in my workflow; I’ve wanted to replace it for sometime. It definitely affected the sharpness.

When working with Film and shooting with any notion of digital display, your scanner is just as important as the camera it self. When I initially looked at the photo I was completely unable to find a sharp spot and assumed that this was not a case of missfocus but was still unsure of the intentions....if that makes any sence. I'd say replace that beastie as soon as possible, but for now try cleaning the glass with a squeagy(SP?) because residue from cleaning solutions will make any shortcommings in the glass that much worse.

Jeff,

What a cool effect-

What is the "E", in EIR?

the E stands for Ektachchrome, EIR was discontinued last year, I actually used Aerochrome 1443, that film is basically the same as the discontinued EIR

Most reactions

Back