Match Smoke - C&C Please!

Cyclographist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So I tried to get this shot for a while, and this was my first try at photographing smoke. Please give me any critiques you have as I am always trying to learn, and I can take the heat. And yes I know that people don't like visiting other sites, but I can't upload a photo directly. So please let me know what you think!
Thanks much!Purple-Smoke | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

You don't need to upload anything. Simply put
in your post, obviously not "link" but the actual link..

See instructions here.

So I tried to get this shot for a while, and this was my first try at photographing smoke. Please give me any critiques you have as I am always trying to learn, and I can take the heat. And yes I know that people don't like visiting other sites, but I can't upload a photo directly. So please let me know what you think!Thanks much!Purple-Smoke | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
5932789378_2a924fe764_b.jpg
Yes, you can. :sexywink:

I really like the idea here. There's a couple of minor niggles that I think could stand to be improved however: (1) Crop most of the empty, black space at the top. It does nothing for the image; (2) Reshoot, modifying your lighting with additional diffusers to eliminate the hot-spots image left, and especially on the match-stick itself, and to bring just a little (Not much) more light onto the rest of the vice, and (3) check your focus; the match seems seems slightly soft, but that may just be the blown highlights.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thanks for the input! And to Bitter for actually posting the picture. Whoops! And tirediron, I know what you mean. My only problem is if I diffuse the light more, then I don't have enough light illuminating the smoke, aka not bright enough. I'm pretty sure I just need to get a flash or two to solve this!

Wow. I'm a noob so I can't really help you there but that's an amazing shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back