matching my camera copyright info to the XMP info

bluewaterjon

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluewaterjon.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi, my question is, on my Nikons ( 300,700,D3), I go into the copyright info feature and add my name and all that on the camera so all my photos have metadata on it; I fill in all the fields that are able to be filled in.. The problem is, when I open the file in Pshop and look at the , there are many fileds on that first tab that are not filled in, most importantly, the fileds for "Document Title" and "Copyright Status", the fields are blank.
How do I set it up so that all those fileds, when opened up in P-shop, will be filled in?
I want this done so that when photos of mine get circulated, a publication can get all the info they need by going to the "File Info"/XMP info.
You'll have to excuse me for my lack of correct terminology..and thanks in advance.
Jon Schwartz

One way would be to create a template in Bridge then select all your documents and apply the template.
IE:
Tools > Create Metadata Template
Tools > Append or Replace Metadata

Yep. ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

The fields you mention aren't EXIF metadata fields that the camera routinely writes to. What you mentioned are IPTC fields. (International Press Telecommunications Council) and for some things like captions and image despcriptions, will need to be completed photo by photo.

Most reactions

Back