Maternity Photo Shoot Questions/Ideas?

Farmclicker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife is pregnant with our 4th child, and we are super excited and this being our last child, want to capture it the beauty of the moment. We have had some fun and well rewarded photo shoots in the past, and hoped to do something while she is "with child", but when I looked up maternity photos online, they were all more risque then what we really wanted. Those photo shoots are certainly okay, and while I understand what they were doing, and why, I was hoping for something more family oriented, but not the boring ones you always see.

One problem with that is that we live in Maine where it is super cold out and snowing. We are halfway through the pregnancy now and she is showing a bit of a bump, which will only get bigger of course until her due date of June 1st. I am curious when the ideal time is to do a maternity photo shoot? 6 months along? 7 months? 8 months? I guess we are okay in that she will still be with child when the leaves return to the trees and outside looks beautiful again, but I cannot think of a creative maternity photo shoot to do now, or even when outdoor photo shoots are possible.

Any ideas?

We do live on a sheep farm and know that in Feb. we will start to get our newborn lambs, and I would think the innocence of baby lambs and a baby-bump would go well together without looking weird, but that is all I can think of for unique maternity photo shoot ideas. Any other ideas would be SOOOOO appreciated.

I usually shoot Maternity Sessions between 35-38 weeks. I hope that helps!

She's still relatively early. This would be a great time to start some sort of photographic timeline. Take a photo of her in the same/similar clothes every week/two weeks/month. This can be as simple as a white wall in the background or somewhere outside, maybe outside at your home. You'd be able to capture the passing seasons that way too!

Typically the main maternity shoot is held between 35-38 weeks, as PP suggested. Check out Pinterest / Search results for maternity for some cute, family-friendly maternity ideas :)

Let me know if you'd like some examples, I can PM or post links to some of mine.

Mainers represent!

Thanks Jowensphoto, I never thought about Pintrest. There was plenty of good photo shoot ideas on there and are compiling a list of poses we would like to do. Thanks a bunch!

Most reactions

Back