Maternity

Mijoh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My dear sister is 34 weeks pregnant and allowed me to practice on her. These were all set up in her home against a black sheet with natural light coming in from French doors behind me. Except for the one outside, which was on her porch. Any critiques are very much appreciated.

1:
ChristysMaternity16-1.jpg

2:
ChristysMaternity_080120_0023.jpg

3:
ChristysMaternity19.jpg

4:
ChristysMaternity17.jpg

5:
ChristysMaternity40bw.jpg

6:
ChristysMaternity43.jpg

Those are very cute!!! Number 1 is very dark though...I would up the exposure or get an attachable flash to fill in some light. You have a good eye for composition.

I would think girl with the pink booties.
I really like them, I wish they were a bit lighter in the first few. Maybe up the brightness an adjust the contrast to bring your subject out a bit more.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. Yes, it is a girl!

The first few are a little underexposed, I did a screen layer at about 30% before I gave them to her and it really made a difference.

These are lovely, but dark. Also, I think they might need a slight contrast boost. #6 is great and I really like how you can see her reflection in the door in #5.

Usually when working with a black background, a kicker light coming in from behind helps seperate them from the blackness. Also I often use diffusion for this type of image to make it more romantic. Your posing is nice. #5 is cool and #6 captures the best emotion.

I love 5 and 6. I also thought it was very creative to use the booties in 4. Good job.

The last is excellent. Very nice photos and wonderful use of natural light. Good job.

i love number 5!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back