Matilda at 6 Months C&C welcome

Jez

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
i'm quite new to portraiture so and feed back would be very welcome..
DSC_6174-Edit.jpg

View attachment 118016

I like it but I saw the background first and then made out the baby, something to do with the hat ? course it could be just me. I think its great all the same.

View attachment 118016

I like it but I saw the background first and then made out the baby, something to do with the hat ? course it could be just me. I think its great all the same.

thanks for the feedback, i think the hat could do with a bit of separation from the background..i could maybe try and rim light it

Overall I love the concept. The focus seems good and her eyes are extremely sharp, as they should be. I also think that the angle is extremely effective. However, the background is what makes me not love the photo. There isn't enough contrast between the the baby and her hat and the background color. Even a pastel blue or green would have done wonders for this.

Reactions: Jez
SO Cute!! Love the baby shoots... I too feel there could be a little more separation from the wall. If you make a copy and multiply the levels a bit you can get some separation that puts the focus back on the baby. I just did a quick down and dirty edit for example. Color tones and lighting in post is very subjective to ones liking...
EasterBaby.jpg

Good shot! I like the fact the face/eye area is very crisp.

Few observations/opinions:

Distance between subject and background is sufficient to reduce color bleed.

Part of subject (leg on the right) is blurry - low f/ or weird angle?

Background should have been a contrasted color or a non-white background. Maybe one of those fancy wood backgrounds (http://goo.gl/KkfZyt) would have worked a little bit better for contrast and still preserve a "white" type of background?

I don't know what setup you used, but tripod+remote (instant no delay) would be best for this type of work.

Most reactions

Back