May Cause Dizziness

mdc017

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is a photo I took for a high school competition. i think it could have been better but oh well.

2345283758_f057cd35bf.jpg

ahh thanks. i was trying to figure it out and i did right before i refreshed and saw your post.

I think you executed it well. What would you have done differently?

I would have liked to used more shadows in the background...possibly a different color or texture like cloth or something.

I did and HDR Version (which came out awesome) but my computer is incredibly slow and I only have the trial version of photomatix so it is was watermarked.

Ah, nice shot. It tells a story. What kind of competition was this, may I ask? You could use this photo to display the dangers of overdose.

It's a statewide (Louisiana) skillsUSA competition. It's done through the schools which could potentially cause me problems regarding subject matter. I have to submit two 11x14 (I think) prints and this was one of them.

And you did get the meaning of the photo. Too many kids are messing around with pills unaware of the dangers.

Quick update. I won the state competition and I'm going to nationals in Kansas City, Missouri.

thanks. This was only one of the tests. I had to do a written exam, interview, and a photo assignment which was to do a portrait in the studio and show my best work with what I could do in the building. I had like 3 hours to share a studio and such. It was like being on a TV show.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back