May I introduce myself

aarongbuk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all. I am new here and this is my first post. Firstly id like to say hi and im pleased I have found this forum. I am a keen amature photographer.. meaning, I'm trying but im pretty sure I have no idea what im doing! I'm hoping to gain skill and improve my photography.

So, for my very first post: This was taken at sunset in Malta at the end of the runway at Luqa a few days ago. This is the runway where light-aircraft land, not the main runway. If there wasn't a fence there, I can only imagine the shots one could get of aircraft against this kind of sky. As there IS a fence, I took this picture of trees instead!

Im using a Canon EOS350D, with an 80mm - 200mm Canon lens. This was taken using Manual mode and was hand held. Im sure it would have been sharper using a tripod, but it was "wow look, shoot!" ;)

Let me know your thoughts :wink:

Aaron

trees.jpg

welcome to the forum mate :)

guess half of this thread belongs into the welcomes and intro section ;)

As for the image, certainly not a beginner's photo ;) nice colours and i like the shilouette.

composition is hard to jusge, as we do not know what is outside the frame ;) I would have taken less of the very dense tree on the right though.

Thanks for the comment. Yeah I tried just having the tree to the right of the frame, but there was a garish building to the left so this was all I could do :)
Oh and ive introduced myself in the welcomes section! Sorry didnt see that... such a noob!

Hello Aaron and welcome to thephotoforum. Beautiful colours in your shot, must have been a great sunset to see
Luke

Hi, I am new to TPF. Hello everyone!

Thank you. I see you have the big brother to my D600. Nice!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back