Sarmad
No longer a newbie, moving up!
- Joined
- Aug 4, 2012
- Messages
- 420
- Reaction score
- 156
- Location
- Mansehra, Pakistan
- Can others edit my Photos
- Photos OK to edit
I took my very first photos in May, for the Photo Challenge. The topic was Secrets. I've had my camera (600D) for quite some time now, but I never got out to shoot something, mainly because I fully hadn't made myself familiar with the camera. I spent most of the time learning controls, reading the manual, just taking causal photos of family and friends, and random objects around the house. I'm posting these because I'd love to get some critique on my very first actual shots.
Here is what I did for May photo challenge,
A couple random shots of a quaint briefcase:


I submitted this photo for the challenge. Because I liked it most. The title I gave it was Hidden In The Broken Concrete. I thought that gave a message that secrets are vulnerable even when tried to protect with the strongest boundaries. It was very hard to get this photo right. The house was situated on a cliff, and from where I took this photo was right the end of the cliff. If I had just taken one more step back, I would have fallen. Even on the shortest focal length I couldn't get more in the frame. Otherwise I surely would have included some more of the scene, particularly the roof of the house.
This photo got four votes in the challenge.

Two more:
The harsh lightning from only one source to enhance the 'old' pattern on the skin was intentional.


P.S: The number key in the last photo is the same as in the first two photos.
Here is what I did for May photo challenge,
A couple random shots of a quaint briefcase:


I submitted this photo for the challenge. Because I liked it most. The title I gave it was Hidden In The Broken Concrete. I thought that gave a message that secrets are vulnerable even when tried to protect with the strongest boundaries. It was very hard to get this photo right. The house was situated on a cliff, and from where I took this photo was right the end of the cliff. If I had just taken one more step back, I would have fallen. Even on the shortest focal length I couldn't get more in the frame. Otherwise I surely would have included some more of the scene, particularly the roof of the house.
This photo got four votes in the challenge.

Two more:
The harsh lightning from only one source to enhance the 'old' pattern on the skin was intentional.


P.S: The number key in the last photo is the same as in the first two photos.
Last edited: