Me da' :-)

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
Snapped this candid last fall when I was out in the fields with my dad taking a bunch of fall foliage shots. He's a retired farmer, so I thought the pastoral setting was very fitting. Wouldja believe this guy's almost 80??? Even though he's retired, he's still putting in 14 hr days most days working around the farm.

dad_rs.jpg

absolutely beautiful portrait in every way. have you entered this in any competition? if not, you should.
stunning composition, great color, awesome emotion, crisp detail. this one has it all.

Osmer_Toby said:
absolutely beautiful portrait in every way. have you entered this in any competition? if not, you should.
stunning composition, great color, awesome emotion, crisp detail. this one has it all.

Thank you!

I haven't entered it in anything (yet). :D

Only thing I don't like is that I nipped off his elbow. :|

Thorniest Whisper said:
Very nice!

I second that.

Possibly a good example of how photographing subjects that interest the photographer results in very good work.

Great photo! And no, wouldn't have guessed he's almost 80. He's doing something right despite those 14 hr. work days.

I couldn't say it any better than Osmer_Toby did in his reply: this is a beautiful portrait of your dad - and no way I would have thought he'd be almost 80! No way.

Along with the picture qualities of this photo, I'm also very touched by the love for your dad it is revealing - I feel that you do love this man, and this warms my heart.

My own dad is the man who I admire most in my life, I find him very strong and wish I were like him oftentimes... inspired by you I might start to look for a moment in which to catch his portrait (in as candid a way as you did here) sometime, somehow.

What a terrific shot and I hope I'm in that shape at his age!

LaFoto said:
inspired by you I might start to look for a moment in which to catch his portrait (in as candid a way as you did here) sometime, somehow.

Yes, I think it's an excellent shot and I to am inspired to capture my father in a similar way.

Wonderful portrait, John. Amazing that he has held his age so well. Probably because he keeps active by doing what he loves to do.

Everyone has already said it, but I'll add mine...

Wonderful photo! :) Very nice!

Amazing that he's that age!!! I look at my relatives that age and whoa! Heh heh, he looks so much younger than them, he even looks younger than my dad who's in his mid-60's!

Such a nice portrait, I hope someday I can catch as nice of one of my dad. :)

Most reactions

Back