Me, Myself, and I - Always Having Trouble with One Trying to Shoot the Others

Laughing, thinking about it! One guy can be in a window, peering out with a cup of hot chocolate! The others can be in various poses of freezing, snow angel, one worker, and fort builder!

I've tried this, unsuccessfully. Nice!

All I do is setup the camera on a tripod, figure out the composition, lock the camera tight so it doesn't move between shots (I'm lazy and don't wanna spend even more time correcting anything).

Take a shot of the scene without anyone in it (a just in-case shot if I need to make corrections of something), and then go to position one, take the shot (I use the ten second countdown to give myself time to get in position, my 1000D doesn't allow for IR remote), go to camera, press shutter, go to position two and and so on and so forth...

Bring them into Photoshop (GiMP would work just as well, its where I started experimenting), layer them all and then simply erase each part of the layer to bring the ones below it into view.

Must stress the lighting has to be the same during the whole shoot...when I started this shot...the sun was out...then this big cloud moves slowly across the sun...had to wait twenty five minutes for it to move past...I could have used the diffused light caused by the cloud but I really wanted the hard light coming direct...

Great expressions - I really like this photograph so I'm gonna give you a "like" :thumbup:

Made me laugh! Next time look more in pain after you are shot. It looks like you are smiling.

Thanks for explaining how you did it. I am going to give it try. I am a prankster, and I am sure if I thought about it I could really come up with something to miss with my husband and family. Like same clothes put hair turning gray with wigs.

$the lads in the garden.jpg

Ive done a couple of similar shots, good fun, i'd love to do some more, the poker game sounds like a good idea.

That's awesome... I'll definitely do more of these types of shots...they're so much fun to think up...to do...and to share...thank you for sharing yours!

AgentDrex this is awesome, Like your way of thinking and for the instructions as well.

Most reactions

Back