Meet and Greet a TPF Noob by Providing C&C on these Self-Portraits!

I think these are, in general, terrific for all the obvious reasons.

two minor nits:

1) IMO, is a bit oddly framed. That space to the left isn't balancing anything and the fireplace opening is just a bit off center.

3) why is light shining out of her crotch area? and that faint vertical line below the hat looks vaguely genital

Oh wow! Definitely didn't see it that way at all. Your second point caught my attention. The photo is called "Gift of Purity" so the placement of the box is representative of you know what. Good catch there :) But I definitely did not see that vertical line! I should erase that. How terrible! Thank you for thinking nastily for me so I didn't have to!

I love your work! Do you have a website where I could see more?

I Noticed the same thing, just didn't want to sound like a perv and say anything about it besides "amusing".:lol:

You're 18...and you are providing photos like that? Incredible. You are REALLY setting yourself up well. Not like Facebook photographers who say "I just started a biz(business, whatever) and I think I'm gonna do great because all my friends and family and even a few strangers said I would!"

KUDOS to you for taking business...learning the business aspect of all of this. I hope you don't give up photography. You have a very artistic and natural eye for photography and these look like well thought out professional photos, not noob photos. If this is you as a noob, I want to see you as a pro.

The only thing I noticed was that line in the box of the third pic as someone else noted. Otherwise, I love your pictures. They're very visually pleasing to me and I'm rather picky. I expected this to be one of "those" noob threads and I'm so glad I opened it and saw this.

As for me, I'm a 24 year old girl-next-door type who is a true noob and I just love taking pictures and have a fairly natural eye for such things, but don't have the time/money or the motivation to go full force, especially since there are a LOT of photographers in this area and making a business of it would be very difficult. So I just shoot for fun and do an occasional real shoot here and there for friends and family.

You are talented. Please hang out on this forum a lot :D.

Haley... Please post anything you would like to share... love what we have seen so far! Very nice work!

Last edited:
You're 18...and you are providing photos like that? Incredible. You are REALLY setting yourself up well. Not like Facebook photographers who say "I just started a biz(business, whatever) and I think I'm gonna do great because all my friends and family and even a few strangers said I would!"

KUDOS to you for taking business...learning the business aspect of all of this. I hope you don't give up photography. You have a very artistic and natural eye for photography and these look like well thought out professional photos, not noob photos. If this is you as a noob, I want to see you as a pro.

The only thing I noticed was that line in the box of the third pic as someone else noted. Otherwise, I love your pictures. They're very visually pleasing to me and I'm rather picky. I expected this to be one of "those" noob threads and I'm so glad I opened it and saw this.

As for me, I'm a 24 year old girl-next-door type who is a true noob and I just love taking pictures and have a fairly natural eye for such things, but don't have the time/money or the motivation to go full force, especially since there are a LOT of photographers in this area and making a business of it would be very difficult. So I just shoot for fun and do an occasional real shoot here and there for friends and family.

What an enormous compliment. Thank you so much. You had so many splendid things to say about my little portfolio that I am absolutely taking to heart. :)
I am still stunned about how many people noticed that! I can't believe I missed it...but I'm so glad all of you caught it.

I wish you the very best in your shooting! Don't underestimate your abilities as a photographer :) You can do it if that's where your heart and motivation lies!

#6 is stunningly captivating. Love the creativity.

You're welcome! I am checking out your Flickr stream and loving it a lot. Thank you for your vote of confidence!

ummm... wow.

:thumbup:

I wish I had an oz of your talent right now Let alone at 18. Amazing work. Keep it going and Good Luck developing the business side of this. Who am I kidding with your talent you don't need luck. you're a Natural.
Fitz

Most reactions

Back