Meet Elsa

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a picture of our "Master", Elsa. I took this today with Mr. Pet's camera during a rare Texas snow.
We are trying to figure out Photobucket. We resized first and then uploaded and it turned it into something called a lossy file. It also appears smaller than most other photos in this forum. What did we do wrong?
meetelsa.jpg

When you upload photos to photobucket you have to consider two things. The picture size and the file size.

To change the picture size, use a photo editing program like Photoshop. Change the size to around 600 x 400 pixels. To change the file size you should save the file as a JPG and choose a compression rate that will sufficiently reduce the file size. In photoshop you can do both steps by choosing "save for web"

Make sure you don't save the "web viewing" file over the original file. That way you can go back and edit or print the file at full quality.

If you don't necessarily need to keep the pictures in an album, then I warmly recommend www.imageshack.us.

You can host pictures of one megabyte with no problem. Just upload with a click and you're good to go. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back