Meet the Swans

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Every year these two swans have a nest on our local pond and I miss the cute hatchling phase. I finally got down there while the cygnets were still fuzzy! This year there are 6 babies. They were having their dinner when I spotted them. They came really close to shore. Dad got protective and showed off a bit when some clown got too close. I barked at the clown to back off but also took advantage of the moment and grabbed a few shots while Dad was out of the water. Mom got nervous and hissed at him to come back and then she took the babies and left.

Probably posting too many of these but they were so stinking cute and thought I’d see if the new format on the forum could hold more than 10 photos per post which I believe was the old software’ s limit.

Meet the Swans by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Note for my fellow Fuji shooters that these were taken before I got the new 70-300. These were taken with the XC 50-230 OIS II. If I had downloaded and looked at these sooner I might not have ordered the 70-300! I did sharpen most of these in AI.

Note for my fellow Fuji shooters that these were taken before I got the new 70-300. These were taken with the XC 50-230 OIS II. If I had downloaded and looked at these sooner I might not have ordered the 70-300! I did sharpen most of these in AI.
Nothing wrong with those renders. Very nice image fidelity.

Beautiful set! #7 is my favorite.
Thanks. That’s my favorite as well. She was teaching him to fish and he kept turning to see what was going on with true others so she gave him the stink eye. He did eventually stick his head in and give it a try but I didn’t get that shot.

Nothing wrong with those renders. Very nice image fidelity.
Thanks. I may head back there with the 70-300 when the rain stops so I can compare with the new lens.

love the one especially of the mothers eye... right on her baby.. what an amazing set of photos.. winner all the way!

great series of photos!

Great set! Thanks for clarifying about which lens. I was wondering if this was the new one.

Most reactions

Back