The_Traveler

Completely Counter-dependent
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.lewlortonphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
NOW Meetup Date FIXED AT SEPT 20 unless rain delay.
See my post at 7:30PM on Sat the 13 on third page of this thread for instructions on meeting at 8 AM for breakfast.
See JoeW post to follow about earlier meeting to do sunrise monuments shooting.

Go to this link, add your name and mark your availability.
I will take care of a shooting schedule and possible food gatherings.

Doodle: Meetup in DC

notice that one has to go to site with link above and add name and availability to influence decision.

$poll.jpg

Last edited:
I would LOVE to do this, but probably can't. I've subscribed to the thread, just so I can keep an eye on it and see what date gets picked. Between two upcoming weddings, a trip to Nashville, my mom's bday at the end of this month, and some commitments I've made to be here for a friend, September isn't looking like a good travel time for me--but who knows! Maybe I'll end up being free the day ya'll pick.

EDIT: And by two upcoming weddings, I mean weddings I need to attend, NOT weddings I'm shooting as the photographer! Just to be clear about that. :D

Thanks for taking the initiative. I should be able to be there.

I would LOVE to do this, but probably can't. I've subscribed to the thread, just so I can keep an eye on it and see what date gets picked. Between two upcoming weddings, a trip to Nashville, my mom's bday at the end of this month, and some commitments I've made to be here for a friend, September isn't looking like a good travel time for me--but who knows! Maybe I'll end up being free the day ya'll pick.

EDIT: And by two upcoming weddings, I mean weddings I need to attend, NOT weddings I'm shooting as the photographer! Just to be clear about that. :D

I was wondering why you were getting married twice.
I knew Tennessee had some odd customs but polyandry?

My thoughts are to start very early at the monuments, then get over to Eastern Market for some people shooting, back to the museums for more stuff and have a late convivial lunch.
Other ideas are great.

Lew

I'll be oc on the 6th. But other than that...

It looks like Sat, Sept 20 is the first that all locals can make it.
JoeW, Braineak, Msteelio91 and I so far.

Any likes/dislikes for what we do and when (besides meals)?

Lew

My son will have soccer games Saturday mornings, but I'm sure I could work something out.

My son will have soccer games Saturday mornings, but I'm sure I could work something out.

So you're saying you're EAGER to attend the meet up on Saturday!

Lew, when you say EARLY at the monuments, I'm one of those "by the dawn's early light" golden hour kind of guys so I vote for as early as possible while still having daylight and participation by others. I'm not a drinker. The more walking we do (vs. driving) the better. As for food, no fast food (unless it's a food truck), I've probably overdone Salvadoran (or the salvadoran version of Mexican) this summer, and I'm not big on sandwiches. Anyplace that has access to ice cream is a big plus as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for organizing this.

I'm a morning guy as well. earlier the better for me, but I should be free all day.

I have a long drive people!! What crazy time in the morning are we talking about?!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back