meh...at least I wasn't working (6 images)

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday was a beautiful day, too nice to be in the office so I played a little hookey, fixed a roof, played some horrible golf and took a few mediocre shots. None of them are exactly National Geographic quality, but thought I'd post anyway.

barn2a1.jpg

barn.jpg

hay.jpg

golf.jpg

tracks2.jpg

tracks3.jpg

I like that second one here best, I think. It has a pleasing composition!
And is it really tobacco drying in that shed?
We have a large tobacco field not far from my place and last year I tried to get some photos of people harvesting it to enter the pics in a local competition, and I asked for permission, so at first was mistaken for a journalist, me mentioning the word "newspaper" (they organise that competition) ... and the farmer was EXTREMELY shy about it and said he had had only very bad press, health hazard and all that ... so I never got round to taking pics of the workers handling the dried leaves ... even though that would have been a very nice subject matter for a series. Hmph...

When you took the last two ... were you sure there was no train coming???? For those rails do look like they are still very much in use!!!!!

You are correct Corina. That is tobacco drying in the barn. Too bad about the farmer. I take a more "shoot now, ask permission later (if necessary)" approach here lately, but with shooting workers, it may fall into the permission category I guess. People sure get up tight about being photographed. With the tracks, yet it is still very much in use. We have about 6 trains a day to use those rails I guess. You can hear it loooong before you see it.

Most reactions

Back