Melt Away

My eyes are darting from left to right a little too much, searching for something to fix upon. I like the heat distortion, the sense of distance and travel. The colours and the location evoke good memories for me. Is the WB a little off? It's hard to tell because I know everything in this area can be that colour, but the sky seems unusually beige. Perhaps setting the horizon on a 1/3 would give the shot more sense of an anchor.. seems like there is a lot of sky.

I have to agree. More ground, less sky. :) But its still a great pic. :)

Your re-edit is much, much better. It looks like you went from color to B&W, and it works. I would recommend another edit, and crop it to just above the tallest pole as there is still more then enough sky. Also you increased the foreground and it's a big plus. Adds a lot to the overall image. Not sure I would venture to walk through that brush as us Easterners do have concerns about snakes and other creatures looming there.

I definitely prefer the re-edit's composition, but I actually prefer having the colors. The overall "beige-ness" gave it a really cool cinematic feel, and emphasizes the heat waves which you can't really notice as easily on the new version.

Overall though, it's an awesome photograph.

I definitely prefer the re-edit's composition, but I actually prefer having the colors. The overall "beige-ness" gave it a really cool cinematic feel, and emphasizes the heat waves which you can't really notice as easily on the new version.

Overall though, it's an awesome photograph.

You need to stop that. You're making a whole lot of sense!

Melting Away by Majeed Badizadegan (Rotanimod), on Flickr

Thanks all for feedback to help me improve my crop/processing on this image.

is it slightly tilted? Usually I wouldn't care much, but the straightness of the poles is borked a bit by the ever so slight tilt.

The horizon is level I believe Manaheim, but you're welcome to post an edit if you see something I don't.

Most reactions

Back