Members question

ndcisiv

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just curious as I've only been here a very short time, but how active is this forum?
I see on the front page that it says there are nearly 240,000 members but I've never seen more than 15 online.
I'm curious how many actually active people are here?

No idea. It ebbs and flows. People leave and return. Get busy with life, then get back to photography and, hopefully, this place. Such is forum life.

Thank you. I do understand all that, I was only curious because of the numbers displayed. Seemed 'off' even for a photography forum. I appreciate the response though!

I joined in 2008 ... but I only engage when I want to ... which is often sproatic, as my interests have, as Terri mentioned, vary day to day or year to year ... hmm, I am not even sure why I am posting a response ... hmmm?

Many 'members' are really bots... it has registered, posted its spam, it got deleted and the bot was banned... but probably still added to the membership.

Just curious as I've only been here a very short time, but how active is this forum?
I see on the front page that it says there are nearly 240,000 members but I've never seen more than 15 online.
I'm curious how many actually active people are here?

The software counts guests, bots, etc. as members. So bots scraping the site. A guest browsing from their phone, etc... all unique cookied people count separately.

I've been on since 2006.

As everyone else says... it ebbs and flows.

There is also the factor that photography has taken many multiple hits due to fakebook and other sites.

DP Review I found out the other day is shutting down, and that was another source of people posting.
IDK the details, but the parent company said the strategic outlook is what made the call.
(whatever that means).
So its mostly the ebb and flow.

Photograph enthusiasts, those who really want to learn the craft are declining. In the age of internet social media, people are more interested in posting something that's seen only few seconds rather than creating something that's enjoyed for a long time.

DP Review I found out the other day is shutting down

I just saw this. Amazon is shutting down DPReview, the go-to camera reviews website I wasn't aware that Amazon was the parent company. They apparently pulled the plug as part of their cost cutting plan. No one knows at this point if it will be spun off or die forevever.

Last edited:
Photograph enthusiasts, those who really want to learn the craft are declining. In the age of internet social media, people are more interested in posting something that's seen only few seconds rather than creating something that's enjoyed for a long time.

They're also more interested in what's the "best" camera, what are the "best" settings to use and which is the "best" filter to use so they can pretend to create something worthwhile... when in reality they're just using their phones to post snapshots of their lunch online.

No idea. It ebbs and flows. People leave and return. Get busy with life, then get back to photography and, hopefully, this place. Such is forum life.
She's right some of us have been around for literally eons 😂😂 are still lurking in the shadows.

Hi Terri 😂🙋🏽‍♀️

She's right some of us have been around for literally eons 😂😂 are still lurking in the shadows.

Hi Terri 😂🙋🏽‍♀️
Karalee?! OMG!! :586: Girl, how have you been? So great to see you here! Don't leave!!!

Are you still shooting?

You've made my day. :icon_cheers::boogie:

G'day all

to the OP .... and some of us who live Downunder operate to a different timetable--while you're asleep we are off doing stuff to pay the bills :p

More seriously tho ... as has been said above 'we all have our activity schedules and pop in here whenever we have 10-minutes to spare, or a new image to display'

Phil

Karalee?! OMG!! :586: Girl, how have you been? So great to see you here! Don't leave!!!

Are you still shooting?

You've made my day. :icon_cheers::boogie:
Hi!! Yes and no 😂 I had a baby 5 months ago so plenty of photos lol just of the same subject. Before that was doing a fair bit of shooting.... More printing....on timber 😂 thanks to our friend Anja for her continued inspiration.

I'm back in NZ, so there's heaps to shoot.

Congrats on the new baby! Of course, you can post some shots of your young 'un. ❤️ Glad you're back in NZ. I think Vonnagy finally made it back there, too (you remember Mark?). TPF had a fair-sized Kiwi contingent at one time!

Anja is an amazing artist. She popped in one time several years ago. I've looked at her site - amazing work,(except it's all written in Polish so hard to follow the process). :lol: I miss her, too!

I hope you find time to post your other work here - would love to see your work on wood!

To the OP: sorry for the thread hijack. :happyblush:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back