Menace

Desi

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Another shot from Shark Valley in the Florida Everglades. I'd love to have an entire week to spend there, but it'll be at least a year before I can get back.

I'm not sure how I feel about the blades of grass. I don't like the way it looks, but I feel it gives you the impression that this guy is hiding right at your feet (which he was). Anyway, difficult to get rid of with lightroom.

I'd love your thoughts on this.

Desi

Menace by Desi595, on Flickr

At first glance I didn't see the menace! Something in the color seems off to me but could just be me.

Looks a little heavy on the blue (maybe a touch heavy on the cyan - try reducing saturation for the cyan channel only). Otherwise I love the shot barring the foreground grass. blurred foreground elements are a nightmare to work with - sometimes it can work, but a lot of the time it just draws the viewers attention and distracts.

I do love the details and the really close view that the shot gives, and all those bits on its head really works well for that "hidden" look.

Thank you very much HL45 and Overread.....I hadn't noticed the extra blue. Tried it out, you were right. I wouldn't have noticed it without your comments.

Glad you liked the shot.

That's menacing alright, nice shot. Maybe tone down the blue a bit like overread said, the blades of grass don't quite do it for me but it's a very cool photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back