Meopta Magnifax

thanhtruong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey there!

Do any of you own or have opinions about Meopta enlargers please? I am a student photographer looking to set up my first darkroom and would like to find a balance between quality and price. 8) I don't want to break the bank yet I would prefer to spend enough to buy quality. Would a Meopta be a good choice? :D

Cheers
Tara

If you live in the USA, a better choice would be Beseler or Omega. They are plentiful and parts/acessories are fairly easy to find.

I agree with compur, those 2 enlargers would be my first go to if starting out. I suggest Nikkor (Nikon) enlarging lens, I've been using Nikkor enlarging lenses for decades and they are very sharp.
Use a 50mm lens for 35mm negs and a 80mm lens for 120 negs (645,6x6).

You might also want to consider finding older darkroom books. I found these for $2 each at a local thrift shop.

olVwOkV.jpg

My very first enlarger was a Meopta, don’t recall the model but it was pretty basic. I did however slap a Rodenstock Apo-Rodagon-N 50mm f/2.8 on if and created some very nice prints on Ilford Gallery paper 39 years ago that still look fantastic today. Either way you go, the lens does the heavy lifting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back