What's new

Metamorphosis

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Oct 21, 2004
Messages
1,797
Reaction score
30
Location
Southwest Virginia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One more from my smoke art collection:

IMGP3336web.jpg
 
Spectacular. I just wish it were as sharp at the top as it is in the rest of the image.

Excellently done =]
 
Last edited:
Thanks all. I have some other recent smoke shots on this forum as well. Flawed: the settings were ISO 100, f/5.6, 1/125.
 
Last edited:
how did you get the colors in?
 
Carlos, the color in this one was already there. Generally you get varying shades of a deep blue and gray. When you invert them in PS and basically create a digital negative of the image, you get the nice sharp white backgrounds and these sort of tones in color. In my others, I select the general shape of the smoke with the magic wand and then color it either w/ an overlay layer or with the brush.
 
Thanks for taking the time to comment. These are pics of smoke that I took from an incense stick. They are very easy to do, and you can get some really nice abstract results from it. Initially, I didn't see much appeal to it and here are some of my former results:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/196178-kronic.html
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/197052-abstract.html
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/197803-abstract-ii.html
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/198067-rygb-graphic-art-andy-warhol-style.html

Then I searched the web looking for some really nice results and found how this is done right and decided to tinker with it some more. I would like to print some of the results for my office. Anyway, here's some nice tutorials I found:
Smoke Photography on a budget - Part 1 of 2 - RPS Forum
Sensitive Light: Coloured Smoke
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom