What's new

Meteor

Expertly executed! Love the tripod setup.
 
I love the shot, but I'm confused by the "bulb" at the front of the meteor. Is that just a lucky spot for a star to be? Did you enhance it maybe? Or is that really how it appears? I haven't caught many shooting stars yet, but none of the ones I did catch had any sort of "head" on them.
 
Lovely!

I too noticed that bright spot in front of the meteor. I guess it's a star, one of the stars in the big dipper's handle (unless I'm very much mistaken). It's hard to see the constellations with so many stars visible :P
 
Yes it's a start. Thanks all.
 
Wow...now that's some amazing luck, then! Very nice!
 
Not all meteors simply burn up. Some explode. Barringer Crater in Arizona and Tunguska in the Soviet Union are two well-known examples. They're going from the deep freeze of space to thousands of degrees in a matter of seconds. The thermal shock causes them to fracture and die it a bright flash of light.

That, or it's either a fortunately-placed star....... or 'Shopped.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom