Meter for using with Hassie?

Ghoste

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm thinking about getting a 500 C/M but I'm not comfortable without a meter. So I'm trying to figure out if I should get a light meter. I'm not to familiar with dedicated light meters and wondering what I'm looking for in pricing. Is there anything cheap that is good for just basic readings? Thanks guys.

I have the 500c/m...since there is no TTL with it, you NEED a handheld meter.
I mean...you could go with the "sunny 16" rule...but I don't know why anyone would NOT consider getting a meter for any film cam without a meter.

I use the pocket sized sekonic Flashmate L-308BII...it's around $150 but it gets the job done very well.

You can use what ever camera you have has a meter until you decide on one. What will you use the camera for?

Ghoste said:
I'm thinking about getting a 500 C/M but I'm not comfortable without a meter. So I'm trying to figure out if I should get a light meter. I'm not to familiar with dedicated light meters and wondering what I'm looking for in pricing. Is there anything cheap that is good for just basic readings? Thanks guys.

I use a Minolta IV and/or a Pentax 1 degree Spotmeter. I was very lucky to have found both of them at a pawn shop for about $100 each.

I have used the Minolta auto iv and the Minolta spot meter for years and have been very happy with both.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back