Mexico Trip! (18 pics, DIAL UP WARNING!)

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My dad, my mom, and I went to Mexico for a weekend trip (only takes a 2 hour drive to Tecate from where we live).

We were there in the beginning of this month (March) and we only stayed Saturday and half of Sunday, so we crammed a lot of activities into that time frame.

Here are some pics from the trip. To view the whole, 24 photo set please view my gallery here.

1) A view of Mexico.
main.php

2) My dad talking to a local.
main.php

3) Cattle on the fields alongside the roads.
main.php

4) A cool abandoned lot we found.
main.php

5) Old chicken coop?
main.php

6) Close up of an old, rusting car.
main.php

7) Ostriches! Not something I see everyday.
main.php

8) Grape fields, not the right type of season yet though.
main.php

9) Sea Lions! We saw these from a boat ride we got in Ensenada.
main.php

10) Old, rusting boats out in the Ensenada harbor. And look, sea lions!
main.php

11) Hey Sea Lions!
main.php

12) As you can see this is where they like to hang out.
main.php

13) Cool view from the boat at sunset.
main.php

14) City of 'La Bufadora'
main.php

15) Eye of the storm :)
main.php

16) World famous blow hole.
main.php

17) Yup, this is Mexico alright.
main.php

18) One of the MANY guys trying to sell you stuff as you leave Tijuana.
main.php

Sorry for having so many pics, I didn't know which pics to choose from.

Thanks for coming, comments or criticism is welcome. :biggrin:

i am amazed with the colors. do all of your pictures come out like this or did you just pick these the best?

Great shots

I like how with the last one you only desaturated the backround as opposed to just black and white.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: Impressive set! I especially enjoyed #5.

I assume most (all?) of these are HDR, no?

Thanks Arch!

mdc, in post processing a lot of my colors "came alive", thanks for the comment.

Thanks Jimmy, yeah I prefer to desaturate backgrounds instead of make them complete b&w. Number 6 is also done with the same technique.

Invisible, none of them are hdr. I didn't have a tripod on this trip :confused:. Thanks for the comment!

Wow, great shots. My faves are #1, 2, 3, 5, 17 and 18.

I don't think they're all HDRs but it definitely looks like there's a few, like #5 I think?

Other than that, did you do a lot of PP? The colors and lighting are fantastic, I'm just wondering how much of that is PP?

Wow, great shots. My faves are #1, 2, 3, 5, 17 and 18.

I don't think they're all HDRs but it definitely looks like there's a few, like #5 I think?

Other than that, did you do a lot of PP? The colors and lighting are fantastic, I'm just wondering how much of that is PP?

Thanks for your interest. In fact I did do a lot of PP on most of these, but shooting in raw was pretty much necessary. In PP I lightened the shadows a lot, then darkened the blacks, and then I did Levels adjustments and I added some unsharp mask for contrast. Another thing I did was use the selective color feature, ie. to make my skies bluer, reds redder, etc.. Basically I just randomly did things until I thought it looked good :biggrin:.

Great series!

My personal favourite is 12, because the first thing I thought was, "Whoa!"

You really got "up close and personal" (with a zoom lens, no doubt! :lol:)

Could you give an abridged version of your PP process?

Great shots!! I enjoy all of them, I really like the colour in #10

You really got "up close and personal" (with a zoom lens, no doubt! :lol:)

Actually we really were that close, the fisherman who was driving the boat let us get near. ;)

I can't really explain my pp process anymore than what I did in the earlier posts of this thread, I kind of do random things and I just keep messing with stuff until I think it looks good.. haha

wing352, thanks!

Thanks Heck, it was a ton of fun. Mexico is awesome.

wow great shots! really like the shots of sea lions :D never thought there are sea lions in the subtropics and tropics.
hehe it took awhile to load the pics so I know now why people were complaining when I created a thread with 49 photos :mrgreen:

Really nice series Robbie! I think 10 is my favorite. 17 & 18 remind me of too many drunken nights in tijuana :lmao:

Most reactions

Back