MF 35mm SLRs

silver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a relatively cheap secondhand MF (preferably) SLR. I'm currently leaning towards the Olympus OM-2SP but was wondering if there are any other comparable SLRs around. Any ideas?

Olympus was good, but they just recently went out of the manual camera business and will discontinue parts production also.

There are a few options available that can be purchased either new or used. Minolta, Nikon, and Pentax. A good retailer for used equipment is keh.com that are very reliable and of course there is always eBay if you want to take the chance. I have the Minolta x370s and it is a great camera to start on and I just had to have a manual camera similiar to what I started on about 28 years ago.

dlc said:
I have the Minolta x370s and it is a great camera to start on...
I have the X7A which is the same camera. If you can, try for the x700 which has TTL flash and DOF preview. I plan on getting a 2nd body and this will be my choice.

dlc said:
There are a few options available that can be purchased either new or used. Minolta, Nikon, and Pentax.
And what about Canon? There are many superb manual focus Canon cameras available second hand. AE-1, A-1, F-1, T90...

For an affordable manual SLR you can't go wrong with a Pentax K-1000. Rock solid, affordable, infinite choice of lenses, flashes and accesories, plenty of parts available etc. It's been called the "perennial student's camera". Mine is about 15 years old and it is as good as new.

Thanks,
Ismael

Most reactions

Back