Michigan to Arkansas - Travel Tips

HiddenTalent

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

I have made this trip many times but this time I would like to take a little detour through a national park.

I'm willing to go out of our way some to do this.

Looking for suggestions.

Thank you in advance!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Keep your batteries charged, memory ready, lenses clean and always be ready. Be sure to share!

When are you leaving? I assume you want to photograph nature since you mention national parks. There are no national parks along your route except the St. Louis arch and Mammoth Cave, but there's still lots to see.

Joe

We are leaving around 1:30am Thursday March 28.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Not too much nature in central Indiana -- some interesting history in the Wabash river valley.

You'll be passing through southern Ill. and early Spring should be in full force. The Shawnee National forest in southern Ill has the highest level of plant biodiversity on the North American continent. Consider a visit to Garden of the Gods or Ferne Clyffe or Giant City state parks.

Then you cross the Mississippi river. You can travel the river valley below Cairo to find plenty of interesting history. Crowley's Ridge National Scenic Byway takes you through north east Arkansas; lots of history as well as geology there. And the Arkansas and Buffalo river valleys in the Arkansas Ozarks offer lots to see.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back