Mid-Life Crisis

JohnMF

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
In the next couple of months i turn 31.

Over the last year I've noticed grey hairs starting to appear more and more, i also think my hair might be thinning. I've spotted a couple of wrinkles by my eyes that weren't there last year.

I'm losing track of who is "cool" on the music scene, and when i try, I get the names wrong; Lily Anna, The Attic Monkeys, Glen Stefani etc. much to my younger sisters amusement.

I bought a pair of brown corduroy trousers the other day. My mum recently bought me a grey cardigan and i thought it looked nice.

I've started avoiding certain bars and nightclubs because they're too noisy and full of kids, plus i fear i'm not trendy enough to get in them anyway.

I had a dream the other night that i was fixing a photocopier, it went on for about three hours, it was so boring that i actually woke up. it bored me awake! I don't even know how to fix a photocopier.

I'm also seriously thinking about selling my car and getting a nice red Ducati Monster motorcycle.

Are these the warning signs that i am heading for some sort of mid-life crisis??? Or is it too late? Is this what happens to you when you get old? :(

i don't like it. I want to be young again!

In my family, we go grey early I am 26 and I have not checked reasently but my little brother is developing a few that I am aware of. I am however pulling more and more hair out of the drink with every passing day. I gave up on modern music a wile ago, I just sit back and enjoy my Meatloaf albums. As for the rest I don't know what to tell ya.

I have a grey hair on my chin which decides to show itself every now and then.

Simple solution. Get rid of the mirror and buy a classic car to rag about it. ;)

So, your age is 29b now, and soon you will be 29c ... so what is the problem mate :p

But I felt similar around 30 (no photocopier though) ;)

It is all a question of personal point of view. I, from my own, can only mildly smile at your sorrows... you're all such young men still, you would not cast even ONE look into my direction. So believe me, in 18 years you'll look back and say "Oh, I wish I was only 30 again, I was still sooooooooo young at the time!"

It is all a question of personal point of view. I, from my own, can only mildly smile at your sorrows... you're all such young men still, you would not cast even ONE look into my direction. So believe me, in 18 years you'll look back and say "Oh, I wish I was only 30 again, I was still sooooooooo young at the time!"

lol, If I make it to fifty I'll be a happy individual

I had a dream the other night that i was fixing a photocopier, it went on for about three hours,

Oh give it a rest!!! I've been trying to have dreams like that for over 20 years!!

Do you have any idea just how dull it is having the same dream night in night out about being stuck in a dungeon with 5 Kate Beckinsales dressed in her leather Underworld outfit whilst she tickles me stupid??!!

DO YOU???

No of course you don't cos your too bloody busy dreaming about the Xerox 7335V RX
18-TFR1EBpng.gif

Spare a thought for poor old me waking up covered in sweat each night

I gotta say, I laughed at the photocopier dream, I had the stupidest dream the other night about borrowing a big ship from the docyard not a million miles from where I live (they have like big old ships like the victory down there) and taking it out for a "spin" and being allwed to - as long as I didn't break it??!?

That was just stupid. I actually thought i'd seen something on the news about the ship, started talkin about it to someone last night and I was like...oh, wait, it wasnt on the news, it was in my head. I obviously sounded right on the mark by that point, eh?

I so happy you said sweat.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Oh to be ONLY, I said ONLY 30 again. OTOH, my wife has been telling everyone she is 16 for the 37 years I've known her. Our kids believed her into there 20's. (our kids aren't too bright)

I'm also seriously thinking about selling my car and getting a nice red Ducati Monster motorcycle.

Are these the warning signs that i am heading for some sort of mid-life crisis??? Or is it too late? Is this what happens to you when you get old? :(

Nah... When you'll think about buying a Harley Davidson and/or a Maserati or a Porsche, then definitely you're aging. :lol:

I've been having 'that' crisis for over 20 years now and I enjoy it!

Definitly buy the Ducati. You will not regret getting out on a motorcycle. My wife actually tells me to get out sometimes because I come back more relaxed.

In the next couple of months i turn 31.

John, being young or old has not much to do with age, that's just a number. I'm 58 and enjoying my youth. ;)

Nah... When you'll think about buying a Harley Davidson and/or a Maserati or a Porsche, then definitely you're aging. :lol:

I've been having 'that' crisis for over 20 years now and I enjoy it!

Definitly buy the Ducati. You will not regret getting out on a motorcycle. My wife actually tells me to get out sometimes because I come back more relaxed.

Boy, do I feel sorry for ya'll.........:lol:

Wait till your wife gets you a "DICKY-DO" shirt!

P.S. I've got my order in for a HD Heritage!!!

Most reactions

Back