What's new

Milky Way and Such

RxForB3

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Feb 10, 2012
Messages
654
Reaction score
76
Location
Yakima, WA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I promise this is almost the end of the stars photos. I have one more technique I want to try, but for now, here are two more. I'm fairly pleased with these two. What are your thoughts?


Chinook Pass by RxForB3, on Flickr

During this shot, a car pulled in to the area and did a handy job of light painting for me! I wish I could have gotten the peak to be more defined, but such it is...


Fife's Peak Trails by RxForB3, on Flickr
 
The first one makes me wonder what the he11 is in the foreground.

The second is superb!!
 
Heh...in the dark, I at first thought it was the stream I could hear. After seeing it on the camera and looking closer, I realized it was some left over snow. I was hoping it would still be mistaken for a lively stream, though :)
 
I like the first one. I would be tempted to crop out the "white" foreground element. This does two things: 1) it gets rid of the snow, and 2) it lowers the tree line in the image so that it is closer to the lower "thirds" line and not across the middle of the image. My 0.02¢ FWIW.

WesternGuy
 
Heh...in the dark, I at first thought it was the stream I could hear. After seeing it on the camera and looking closer, I realized it was some left over snow. I was hoping it would still be mistaken for a lively stream, though :)

Hence my problem with it. It should either be obvious what it is (lest I spend time studying it and trying to decipher it instead of enjoying the image), or should be cropped or cloned out.
 
Don't let this be the end of anything you want to get better at.

Learning and experimentation is a lifetime adventure.
 
Oh I'll definitely keep taking night photos. This will just be the end of posting them for a while :) I'm sure people are getting tired of them! In any case, here's a crop of the first one. I do like it better! Makes the milky way more prominent, too :)


Milky Way crop by RxForB3, on Flickr
 
I like the crop a lot better too. As you say, it adds some emphasis to the Milky Way and I think the trees are better defined against the sky.

WesternGuy
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom