Milky Way CC

Msteelio91

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.digitaldistrictphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for some CC on this, I was in a rural area of Peru but there was a city nearby with some light pollution and I was also near some homes. What could I have done better? Any PP that could save this?

I should mention, this is my first time seeing the Milky Way and trying LE of this type!

The Milky Way by Matthew_Steele, on Flickr

I like a lot of contrast in shots like this, but thats just imo.

To me, the trees don't add anything dynamic to this picture so I think they should go, other than that theres nothing 'special' about this photo.

The milky way is really cool though (seen one, you seen them all) Nothing special that sets it apart.

you need to adjust your white balance to something cooler. Try around 3700k. It's a good start, now just work on composition. Glad you got a chance to see the MW though, it's something I never get sick of

I like a lot of contrast in shots like this, but thats just imo.

To me, the trees don't add anything dynamic to this picture so I think they should go, other than that theres nothing 'special' about this photo.

The milky way is really cool though (seen one, you seen them all) Nothing special that sets it apart.

Yeah I hate the trees but this was taken with not much time available and in a place with no clearings haha.

I'll work on composure somewhere else if I get the chance again.

you need to adjust your white balance to something cooler. Try around 3700k. It's a good start, now just work on composition. Glad you got a chance to see the MW though, it's something I never get sick of

Good call I'll try that out. And yeah it was really a nice surprise!

The camera will pickup light from anything man made even things you cant see with your eyes be as rural as you can. Set White Balance to auto or incandescent as temp of universe is round 3000+ degrees Kelvin. Shot Raw if you can. Google astro-photography for image ideas

Using auto WB usually results in too warm of a color temp. I shoot in tungsten and tweak it later in LR. I mean if you're shooting in RAW, which you should be, it doesn't really matter but I always shoot in tungsten because my image previews look closer to how they should.

I agree that your WB is too warm.

All the stuff I have watched and read about it, say WB should be between 3000 - 4000 K. Maybe even push the tint towards the purple too.

Most reactions

Back