Milky Way re-edit

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I originally posted this photo in this thread back in 2020 and have been meaning to re-edit some of them.

I had some time last weekend and gave it a shot now that I have a been working on a new milkyway processing technique. Thoughts and feedback welcome - especially on the processing.

NH Milky Way by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Here’s the original from the first post which had way too much purple going on.

lake of stars by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Wonderful Photo and great edit. Really makes it pop more. I love long exposures. Be well SquarePeg.

Wonderful Photo and great edit. Really makes it pop more. I love long exposures. Be well SquarePeg.
Thanks very much!

I like them both. The first one is more believable, but the second one is more dramatic.

Brought out a lot more stars and sharpened them up quite a bit. Looks good.

I like them both. The first one is more believable, but the second one is more dramatic.
Thanks. I like a dramatic photo but have found that the astro ones are assumed to be “fake” if I go to far with it. I think somewhere in the middle of these two might be more my style. Still finding it for these. I do like the blue tones in the re-edit. But I don’t like when the astro photo foregrounds look like it’s daytime.
Brought out a lot more stars and sharpened them up quite a bit. Looks good.
Thanks very much!!

I like the re-edit. It is more natural.

Give either PS (ACR) or LR a whirl...you can do all this with a sky mask and a gradient mask (water reflection) and some color grading.

Not working with your color profile and not in RAW probably shows a bit overly blue but it gets you to a starting point.

sq2.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back