Milky Way - If there was an astro photography gallery I'd post this there

BasilFawlty

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this last Sunday near a wind farm. Wish I could have gotten closer and used wider angle lens. (This was shot at a distance with a 50mm. Had a LOT of coma due to shooting wide open at f1.4.

Willard MW 25Sep22.jpg

Nice! I like the closer look giving the mw such a large appearance. The far away look with a wider lens is not as dramatic. I like to shoot with my 23mm or 35mm and do a pano to get the best of both worlds.

I agree an astro gallery would be nice. Maybe as a sub gallery of landscapes???? @terri

Nice! I like the closer look giving the mw such a large appearance. The far away look with a wider lens is not as dramatic. I like to shoot with my 23mm or 35mm and do a pano to get the best of both worlds.

I agree an astro gallery would be nice. Maybe as a sub gallery of landscapes???? @terri
This was actually my first MW photo I've taken with a lens other than my Rokinon 14mm. The only One advantage with a wider lens is that you can take longer exposures before noticeable star trails.

Last edited:
Took this last Sunday near a wind farm. Wish I could have gotten closer and used wider angle lens. (This was shot at a distance with a 50mm. Had a LOT of coma due to shooting wide open at f1.4.

View attachment 260544
If the sky was a sunset rather than the Milky Way, would this not be a landscape?

Nice shot.

Most reactions

Back