Milky Way Rising

crimbfighter

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I shot this a few days ago, outside St. Germain, WI. It is nice and dark up here in the north woods of Wisconsin. This is a composite of two different exposures, both taken without the camera moving. I set up at about 9:30pm and captured a blue hour image of the foreground. Then at about 10:05pm, I captured the exposure for the sky, after the darkness let the Milky Way become visible. I blended the two together using PS and did the finish processing in PS and LR. Dark skies are incredible, and I could easily see the Milky Way with the naked eye.

Both shot with my Nikon D800, Sigma 14-24 f/2.8 Art lens.

Foreground: 6 seconds, f/5.6, ISO 100
Sky: 20 seconds, f/2.8, ISO 3200

Milky Way Landscape 081020-.jpg

Needs a slight cw rotate but what a sky. Wow.

Very nice image. Thanks for the explanation on how you created it.

Must be nice. All I can see around here is the yellow light from all the McDonald's. :048:

Awesome shot, good job!

Very nice image. Thanks for the explanation on how you created it.
Thanks!
Must be nice. All I can see around here is the yellow light from all the McDonald's. :048:

Awesome shot, good job!
Thank you! Light pollution is a problem, for sure, and it sucks that you have to contend with the golden arches... I am lucky that my skies are just dark enough. There are some really talented astro photographers, though, that get amazing images from bright urban areas. The right filters and processing can make all the difference.

Most reactions

Back