minack theatre porthcurno

dalebe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
these are perhaps two of a few possible shots that can be taken of this theatre unless you have an ultra wide angle lense or a helicopter,(i don't have either) this is the minack theatre in porthcurno in cornwall, it was built in the 1930s, it intentionally resembles an old roman amphitheatre, and has the ocean as it's backdrop,and regularly holds drama productions to a packed house, a truly beautiful place, well worth a visit.

44350057.jpg

44350053.jpg

Thanks Alex! i agree you have to be there to appreciate the beauty of this place, i am going back to cornwall at the end of the week for a holiday, can't wait.

No that's ok! now then where do i start, i suppose anywhere in cornwall it's all beautiful to me, the lizard point, st ives, land's end, and there is a fantastic little cove called "cadgwith cove" it's breathtaking and has lots of thatched cottages, but other than that i will travel anywhere for beautiful scenery,thanks for the interest alex.

dalebe said:
No that's ok! now then where do i start, i suppose anywhere in cornwall it's all beautiful to me, the lizard point, st ives, land's end, and there is a fantastic little cove called "cadgwith cove" it's breathtaking and has lots of thatched cottages, but other than that i will travel anywhere for beautiful scenery,thanks for the interest alex.

no worries! i lived in cornwall for about 14 years, i loved every minute of it, i used to live near St.Ives, i miss it greatly - its my home and i will one-day move back there, its my favorite place.

I miss the sea air, i miss feeling like my lungs are healthy, i miss the community of cornwall, i miss the 'old folk' saying "my han'some". i miss hayle beach (3 miles long and beautiful) i miss penzance prom, i miss swimming from hayle beach to st ives beach, but most i miss the pasties

:)

©AnderGraph said:
no worries! i lived in cornwall for about 14 years, i loved every minute of it, i used to live near St.Ives, i miss it greatly - its my home and i will one-day move back there, its my favorite place.

I miss the sea air, i miss feeling like my lungs are healthy, i miss the community of cornwall, i miss the 'old folk' saying "my han'some". i miss hayle beach (3 miles long and beautiful) i miss penzance prom, i miss swimming from hayle beach to st ives beach, but most i miss the pasties

:)
My brother lives there now in a place called helston, i have wanted to move there but for the work situation and my kids, I would never have moved FROM there, and ahhhh and the pasties! the best in the world.

Most reactions

Back