Minesing ... swamp road.

dxqcanada

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, the wife and I decided to go back to the swamp ... the Zombies caught our attention with the Sora ... and also we have yet to go there in the wet spring.

These Zombies got a really hot spot, I gotta say ... though we have always thought that having a swamp in the backyard would be top 5 on the list when buying a new home.
Z Jr. gave us an update about the Sora ... and if the road is drivable ... much thanks you.

Sadly we did not get to see any Sora ... just heard them.

The Kingfisher did laugh at us numerous times, as it flew by us ... and also encountered, Northern Waterthrush, numerous Redwing Blackbirds, Virginia Rails, a Porcupine, Lesser Yellowlegs, Mallard ducks, Wood Duck couple, and other various birds we could not identify.

LeastBitternFrog.jpg

Great shot of the least bittern. you going to be posting more?

Great shot of the least bittern. you going to be posting more?
The Porcupine shots did not produce anything good ... missed taking pictures of the Wood Ducks ... not the best photographic outing, but it was great just to see and hear wildlife.

Rail Runner
Railrunner.jpg

any of the birds you can not identify post up a shot/PM me it and i can see if i can help but i guess only post/PM me the shot if it is good enough that you think i could identify it as i know lots of birds out there and what they look like

Sony SAL70400G ... 70-400mm f4-5.6
The Bittern shot was at 400mm focal length.

The wife here :)

Logan - I wanted to also say thanks for giving Dennis tips about the Sora and the roads, we had a good day up there. As Dennis said we didn't see the Soras but we sure heard them, and there was lots of other wildlife to see. I didn't get as good a shot as Dennis did with that poor frog, but here's a few:

Bittern.jpg

Rail.jpg

Yellowlegs.jpg

Ok so it was pretty close so were you the one who told jim about the least that you saw?

Hmm, Jim did ask us about the Bittern as he did tell us that he was taking pictures of it yesterday ... so he wanted to know where we saw it and what it looked like ... I think he wanted to figure out if it was the same or a new one in the area.

The wife here :)

Logan - I wanted to also say thanks for giving Dennis tips about the Sora and the roads, we had a good day up there. As Dennis said we didn't see the Soras but we sure heard them, and there was lots of other wildlife to see. I didn't get as good a shot as Dennis did with that poor frog, but here's a few:

View attachment 139856
View attachment 139857

View attachment 139858
Nice shots Glad to help with locations of where i see birds at anytime Glad you both got to see the least bittern and the virginia rails and get shots did you run into jim he was in a black jeep and tell him about the least bittern because he told me and my dad that a couple told him where they saw it

Ok so it was pretty close so were you the one who told jim about the least that you saw?

Hmm, Jim did ask us about the Bittern as he did tell us that he was taking pictures of it yesterday ... so he wanted to know where we saw it and what it looked like ... I think he wanted to figure out if it was the same or a new one in the area.
He could have also wanted to try and get more shots got to see him as well as a couple other birders i am glad to have gotten to talk to again one we see quite often and one that i had not seen since last summer as well as one other that i have seen three time in the past two weeks and one i had not met until tonight

Most reactions

Back