Mini Sunflowers

mooimeisie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you loved sunflowers and had never printed any of your photos before, do you think these would make good canidates for a first printing? Have I missed something because they're my photos and I'm blind to their faults? They have been cropped to an 8 x 10 with the files sizes suiable for printing.
3659911686_633c14751b_b.jpg

3663038558_180f429750_b.jpg

Last edited:
i think the 1st one should print out quite well. the dynamic range of the
second one is a bit limited. looks a bit dense to me..a bit noisy
compared to the first one, which looks crisper and more attractive.

i like #1 most, #2 you cut the leaf off which is a big no no but hey still beautiful, i would go with #1 though for printing

I like the composition in these though I think your focus is just a tad off, but that could just be my eyes today [allergies flaring up ;)] and the white on the stem in the first shot is a bit harsh, but not overbearing. It would have been nice to see just a bit more detail in the center of the flower in the second shot also. Over all though, I like them and feel either would print well, though if I had to choose, I'd go with the second one.

I would look at your noise filtering, tweek the Curves just a little bit, do some clarify darken it just a bit.

did you use unsharp mask at all?

BEFORE

this I tweeked with the above and a couple others. I look at the area I am curious about and then find a tutorial on Youtube that talks about it.

Clarify, curves and on occassion, histogram adjust really add to the flowers.

farmerj -- very nice edit! :thumbup:

email me the originals. I can get you better images back then.

I like them both from a compostition standpoint. Do you think a little fill lighting would help you get better detail in the center of the flowers?

Ian

Most reactions

Back