mining town

danielsmith4213

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dannytsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Heres a photo of Queenstown, a mining town in Tasmania. comments and crit are welcome :wink: also could someone please tell me how to change my images to below 150k ?

Picture187-1.jpg

I'm struggling to find the subject. My instinct tells me that perhaps it's the progression of houses, but the clutter makes it difficult to say. A few of the things that clutter and detract from the picture are the cut-off segment of fence in the foreground, cut-off utility pole to the right, a segment of the street to the right, and cut-off cars in the back. All of this makes the photo seem more like a mediocre snapshot than an interesting photograph.

This photograph's problem, one of composition, is a common one. Learn to understand it, and how to avoid it, and you will start yielding much more interesting pictures.

save it in reduced quality using your edit software, this is 95kb, same physical size though

2r2ypo3.jpg

This place was a really cool place to take photos, so if i wanted a similar picture (with better composition) , would I photograph a single house with the mine in the background to make it less cluttered? Also what do you mean by cut-off segments? thanks for the help guys!

Does this help? Thought I'd give it a try...

Picture187-1edit.jpg

All I did was crop out the telephone pole and clone the wires out on the right side of the image to try and make it less distracting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back