Minneapolis Skylines

paulzeee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! New here, thought I would post some of my work to learn something from the tenures. I'm new to owning a DSLR (3 months in so far) so I'm always looking for tips and tricks. I usually shoot at ISO200 F/10-13 with varying shutter speeds for the night time long exposures. Nikon D90 paired with a 35mm 1.8/g Here are some of my latest shots:

Stone Arch Bridge by paulzeee, on Flickr

If I were better at Photoshop the power lines would be removed

Stone Arch Bridge by paulzeee, on Flickr

Minneapolis Skyline by paulzeee, on Flickr

Hennepin Ave. Suspension Bridge by paulzeee, on Flickr

Saint Paul Skyline by paulzeee, on Flickr

Thanks for looking!

Nice shots! I'd try to clone out the power lines.

BTW, you need to clean your sensor.

I've thought the same thing. A few of those shots have the light blobs, and some don't (if that's what you're referring to). I was told it's because of all the different light sources? I'm not sure. That's something that needs to be sent in to be done, correct?

You've got the same dust spots show up in several of the images.

cleansensor01.jpg

Ah! Good eye, thanks. I can see the same spot in a few as well.

You really need to learn how to remove those power lines. they just killed so many of your pictures. Way too many pictures to CC, so I'll just pick a few of my personal favorites. Pic 1 is a strong composition, and nicely exposed (minus the wires). Out of pics 6,7, & 8, 6 is the best of the set. Nicely composed, super reflection in the water, the curving roadway add symmetry, and the night sky still has tone variation. You do need to do some editing to remove those two light dots in the sky.

You really need to learn how to remove those power lines. they just killed so many of your pictures. Way too many pictures to CC, so I'll just pick a few of my personal favorites. Pic 1 is a strong composition, and nicely exposed (minus the wires). Out of pics 6,7, & 8, 6 is the best of the set. Nicely composed, super reflection in the water, the curving roadway add symmetry, and the night sky still has tone variation. You do need to do some editing to remove those two light dots in the sky.

I agree! Still learning :) Thanks

The power lines do spoil the pictures. I learnt this also on my learning curve. On a plus, I love number 6.

You can really really easily remove the power lines using the healing brush in Photoshop. Try Google or YouTube for a tutorial or something. I know it's very easy though, literally just a case of painting over them.. (Not sure if that's how you did it, but it looks good either way!)

Great photos. I think you were in the right position for the night shots, and it made all the difference.

Hey Paulzeee awesome shots! I actually work in and around Minneapolis and have always wanted to do some night shots of it so these pictures are very inspiring to me. Have you done any pictures of the cathedral in St. Paul?

I'm a fan of a natural scene. I'd rather the power lines be a part of the picture. I hate seeing pictures of places that I know, and there be something missing. Obviously there are exceptions...
Also, the tree branch is still partly showing in the edit (I don't mind seeing the whole branch in the original).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back