Minnehaha falls again C&C

AustinChap

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went at a different time of day around 6 and fill like I should have made it even later.

Are these are alright or still under/over exposed?
Please edit one with a suggestion.

4c11f560-fc9e-b58d.jpg

2.anyone no how to clone this ghost out? I seriously have no idea what it is. It was taken 30s after #1...
4c11f560-fcba-2b4d.jpg

3.this was a one shot try. I ran over there took my lens cap off kept my filter dry with a cloth then took the photo as I pulled the cloth away. The mist from the falls was bad. And no one is allowed here. So I didn't hang around.
4c11f560-fd2b-10b2.jpg

4c11f560-fe2e-b7e7.jpg

What direction do the falls face? It looks like they face east.

If they face east, shoot in the morning. If they face north or south, shoot both the morning, and the evening.

Are you using a tripod? And what aperture are you using. It looks like you may be getting soft focus from the diffraction effects a small aperture has

I do see the fuzziness that KmH is talking about but I think they still look very good. Did you use ND filters?

Could the fuzziness be from it being a full sized photo being compressed I don't see it on the file.
No ND filter was used I need to get some. I think I have a .2 but didn't use it.

They look out of focus to me too... Definitely looks like it's something related to either not using a tripod or using a very wide aperture

Exposure Time1/3
F Number22
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Ratings100
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash did not fire
Focal Length20

The exposure looks a little long for that particular waterfall. Try cutting your exposure time and seeing what kind of effect the water will give you then. And with regards to your "ghost" it looks like a person was walking through the frame while shot was taken.

thanks for posting the data! yea i think my focus was off... its only 10mins from me so its not like i cant go back. i want to get a keeper of these falls.

The exposure looks a little long for that particular waterfall. Try cutting your exposure time and seeing what kind of effect the water will give you then. And with regards to your "ghost" it looks like a person was walking through the frame while shot was taken.

Thats what i was thinking but i looked back through the times the shots were taken and i took this 30s after the one before. No one is allowed down in that area. its fenced off and dont remember anyone being there when i took the shot... or i wouldn't have taken it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back