MINOLTA Maxxum 7000 AF

bzimmer44805

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have had this old 35 mm camera almost 25 years now, but have had problems with the shutter for most of its life. Had it fixed back in '90 (it cost me over $100), but died shortly (a few years) later. Still, same problem: the shutter stays almost fully closed when taking a picture. Apparently, it's the "shutter control module". Anyone familiar with this problem? Is this something I can fix myself?

At this point, it is very possibly cheaper to replace the entire camera than fix this one point.

I have a maxxum 7000 which I purchased in 1986 and it still works. My husband also had a maxxum 7000 that he bought used in 1996 for $150.00 and it worked -till he dropped it. I think your problem is probably limited to your camera - one bad seed in the bunch if you will. It's a great camera so if i were you I'd look around at a camera dealer who has used equipment and pick up a used one. I say dealer rather than e-bay because with an older camera like this I would want to look it over before buying, but chances are good that you could pick one up on e-bay if you'd rather go that way.

I have a good Maxum 7000 gathering dust.
What's it worth to you?

Most reactions

Back