Minolta Maxxum 7000 - Good Camera choice?

Ethan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I am relatively new to photography (all i have is a lame little Canon Powershot at the moment) but i was thinking about learning the TRUE way to photography. It just seems more interesting to me. I feel that there is a better process than point, turn dial, push button. i want to explore. I was looking at the Minolta Maxxus 7000 and i wanted some peoples thoughts on the camera...care to give your two cents? :) thanks!:thumbup:

Well, Minolta is no more. In 2003 Konica and Minolta merged.

Then in January of 2006 Konica Minolta announced they were leaving the camera, photo business and sold that part off to Sony.

The Maxxum 7000 was introduced 25 years ago (1985) and was the first camera to feature both integrated autofocus (AF) and motorised film advance.

Minolta instituted a major change with the Maxxum 7000 by making the body out of plastic instead of metal. It also has a fairly slow flash sync speed of 1/100.

The Maxxum 7000 had most of the features that were standard back then, save the low flash sync speed.

If you can get one at a good price, are careful how you handle it, and don't plan on using flash much, it should work just fine for you.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back