Minolta Maxxum 7D flash exposure problems

stickboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all,

Not sure if I am posting this in the right area of the forums or not, but I thought I would put it out here. I just aquired a Konica Minolta 7D camera and I am having some issues when I take flash pictures, and I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts or if there might be a problem with the camera. Almost any time I take a flash picture, the whites come out pink. I have been doing some googling on this, and I have seen people say that sometimes on Minolta and Sony cameras you have to adjust the shutter speed down a bit. I tried this and still notice the problem. In fact, I took a picture today that was pretty underexposed, but the whites still came out as pink.

I am wondering if I am doing something wrong, if I have something not set right with regards to the flash, or if there might be a problem with the sensor on the camera or something. I am posting a sample picture to show what I am talking about. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas.

sm_flash_problem1.jpg

So good news is I got this figured out. Bad news is it's an internal problem with the camera. Looks to be a loose connection somewhere. I was outside shooting today and it did the same thing. It was taking good pics and then all the sudden this... Tapped it on the bottom and it got worse. Tapped it on the side and it cleared up... Oh well, I got it cheap and it will be a good learning camera, hopefully.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back