minolta x-700 help!!

paigew

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.paigewilks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just loaded my first roll of film :mrgreen: I took three photos then switched it to 'auto' just messing around. Well now I can't get it off auto. I must be missing something, the wheel is just stuck! help!! Also, why are there two different 'on' settings one is 'on' one is 'on)))'

Of the two on settings, one is without a beeping sound, and one with.

I just loaded my first roll of film :mrgreen: I took three photos then switched it to 'auto' just messing around. Well now I can't get it off auto. I must be missing something, the wheel is just stuck! help!! Also, why are there two different 'on' settings one is 'on' one is 'on)))'
I hope you didn't force enything, there is a button right beside the settings knob one have to press to release "A" and "P" settings.
Beep is a warning for slow shutter speeds if you wish to have it.

I hope you didn't force enything, there is a button right beside the settings knob one have to press to release "A" and "P" settings.
Beep is a warning for slow shutter speeds if you wish to have it.

I didn't force anything. Good to know about the button! Once I took the lens off it easily turned.

Once I took the lens off it easily turned.
I have no idea why, non of my X-700 lets me do that. Be careful with that.

Idk but I watched a you tube video that said something about p and a modes only working with certain types of lenses so I figured I would remove my lens and see if it helped! Idk why it worked lol

Minolta X-700 can take any SR mount lens. However for mode A it needs at least MC lenses, to work in P it needs MD lenses.
The Rokkor Files - Minolta Lens History
There is no mechanical blockade of program selector by the lens only that button beside it which has to be pressed when switching from P to A and from A to manual time selection even without lens mounted. I have two X700 and also one X570 and all behave in the same way.
Link above is quite interesting read about manual focus Minoltas (SR mount).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back