Minolta X-700 No Power.........

mr.mike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I recently posted a thread about a Minolta X 700 and X 570. Both were totally DOA. Tried new batteries and still no luck. I was told about the capacitor problems and was ready to start tearing them apart. Then someone suggested I try different batteries. I took their advise and now I have (2) working Minoltas. Sometimes you catch a break.........................

I recently posted a thread about a Minolta X 700 and X 570. Both were totally DOA. Tried new batteries and still no luck. I was told about the capacitor problems and was ready to start tearing them apart. Then someone suggested I try different batteries. I took their advise and now I have (2) working Minoltas. Sometimes you catch a break.........................

I’ve had similar issues with my X700. The only thing I have to do before I can start putting film through it is replace the light seals... it’s been on my to do list for far too long.

I think you just gave me the motivation to finally tackle it.

These older cameras are funky. Sometimes you catch a break, sometimes you end up selling for parts. Not sure how long these two old Minolta's will keep going, but I came out a winner today. Nice hearing from you, hope your project goes well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back