Minolta X-700

mr.mike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi,
Just bought (2) Minolta cameras, X-700 & X-570. I'm familiar with most Canon EOS film models, but just learned some interesting things about the older Minolta's. I understand the X-700 model doesn't work well with MC lenses when set to program mode. You need to use the newer MD type lens.

As mentioned, I just bought a pair of old Minolta cameras with issues, seems the film advance lever is not advancing the film and the shutters are not working. I know the obvious problem involves a bad battery, but I'm never that lucky. Might be a more serious problem involving the capacitors. But I bought the pair for $7.00 so I can't really complain. Wondering if anyone has experienced a similar issue? Sometime back, I found a few old Minolta lenses and held on to them until these 2 cameras came along. Hoping I can get them working.

Capacitor failure is highly likely.

The lens issue is mentioned here.....MD are preferred.

Minolta X-700 X700

I was afraid of that, but again, if that's all it is for the price I paid, shouldn't be a costly repair. Thank you for your response.

Is the mirror in the up position ?

I'll have to let you know, I sent them to a friend who's checking them out for me. He's been a fairly good source over the years on my old Canon EOS models. We'll see if he can do anything with these old Minolta's. If it's the caps, he'll know how to fix them. "I hope".

The X-700 was a sweet camera, comparable to my pet Nikon FEs. I've had two and both succumbed to the same baked-in, age-related problem--bum caps. If possible, find a clean SRT series body. Nothing wrong with Minolta glass.

The X-700 was a sweet camera, comparable to my pet Nikon FEs. I've had two and both succumbed to the same baked-in, age-related problem--bum caps. If possible, find a clean SRT series body. Nothing wrong with Minolta glass.

Waiting for the final word on these two Minoltas. Hoping my friend can solve the problem. If not, I've still got a great collection of vintage Canon models, along with an array of nice Canon glass. I purchased the Minolta cameras on a gamble hoping to be able to make use of some of the Minolta lenses I've accumulated over the years.

Thank you for your response.................

Most reactions

New Topics

Back